Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Coaster Mini

Hello Everyone,



Hope everyone had a joyous Thanksgiving. I spent Thanksgiving making a coaster mini for a friend. It is for wedding pictures. I used chipboard coasters for the base. I got them super cheap, 23 cents for an 8 pack, at Micheal's. Her colors were corals and blues. I hope I've matched the colors. I didn't get to go to the wedding which was three states away. Her bouquet was made of calla lilies which is why I chose this calendar page for the cover. I left it simple only adding a white rub-on. I used cream organza ribbon as the binding.



Pages 1 and 2 are covered with Mariposa from DCWV. The flowers were punched from some paint chips and have pearls. I used another white rub on. The frame is chipboard that I covered with paper from Que Sera Sera from K and Co. The little chipboard hearts I painted with acrylic paints and covered with Glossy Accents.


I covered page 3 with Le Romantique by Graphic 45 and added some Prima pearls. I used Mariposa for the background of page 4 and added another white rub on. I painted the chipboard heart with acrylics and added a white rub on. The flowers were e-line whites that I painted with the same acrylic paints and added a pearl brad.


I used Que Sera Sera paper on page 5 and some Paper Studio pearl paper on page 6. The flowers are Prima e-lines. I sprayed the white ones with a pearl shimmer and put a flower I made in the middle. The coral flower I painted with acrylics to match. I also placed one of my handmade flowers in the middle. I painted the tiny heart with acrylics, added a rub on and some glossy accents.


I used Que Sera Sera paper for the back cover. The flowers are the same as on page 1.


The tags are simple. I used more of the calla lily calendar page and designer papers and added some rub ons. The backs have journaling lines.

I'm happy with how this turned out. I think it is simple and elegant. Best of all, I was finally able to use up some of my old rub ons.
That's it for now. Until next time, happy scrappin.
Lela

3 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful!!!I love it!!!Simple and elegant!
    I always wanted to do a mini with coasters but since I decided I can't find any!!!Can you believe that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! What a cute idea! ~ margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely little book and great idea. I received one of your ATCs in Frieda's Vintage Fashion swap and I love it so much. You did such an excellent job!
    thanks, lenna

    ReplyDelete