Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Some Recent Swaps

Hello Everyone,

I have been participating in some swaps. These first photos are from the 4x4 Chunky Challenge Swap over at ATCs for All. The challenge in this case was to use toilet paper rolls as your background and include a vintage image. My piece is called "Who Are You?" For the base I used a 4x4 coaster. I cut toilet paper rolls into strips and attached for a background which I then painted with acrylic paints and stamped using Vibrant Violet Staz-On and a Tim Holtz stamp. The "Photographs" image is another Tim Holtz stamp on kraft paper. The woman is from the Lost and Found paper collection from Tim Holtz. Everything was edged with Vintage Photo DI. The flowers are all Prima E-Line whites that I inked with Concord DI. You can't tell in the photos but the page is VERY dimensional.

This is the back of the page. I covered the back with some paper that was white with watercolor violets. I'm not sure whose paper as it came from my ages old stash. I inked the paper with Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, and Concord DI then crumpled it and caught some of the wrinkles with DI. The pocket is a toilet paper roll I covered with Kraft paper and stamped with the same stamp from the front. The photo strip was created using some Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper and his filmstrip stamp. Again, the back is VERY dimensional.

This is the tag. I used some shipping tags that I had dyed with coffee. I added some paper from the Life Stories collection by My Mind's Eye. Each of the tags are different but all contain a journaling spot about yourself.

Finally, I hosted a Day of the Dead (El día de los muertos) swap over at The {Scrap}beach. My card is the top left. I covered the base by modpodging a napkin to it. The circles at the top are vintage sequins that represent the banners that hang. I downloaded a clip art Katrina that I embossed with UTEE. The flowers are sugar marigolds that I created using punched flowers, modpodge and white glitter.

The other participants from left to right, top to bottom were: Denise, Deann, Judi, Angela, Nichole, and Sarah. They were all beautiful.

Thanks for the visit. Until next time, happy swappin,
Lela

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should stop putting all of my toilet paper rolls in the recycle bin, this makes for a wonderful background :) Your work is superb !

    ReplyDelete