Friday, July 2, 2010

DisCo Project

Hello Everyone,

I want to share a project that I friend and I are doing. It is called the DisCo Project or disintegration collaboration. I was inspired by an article in the May/June 2010 issue of ClothPaperScissors. The idea is to create a bundle of stuff, papers, fabric, or whatever you'd like and hang it out in the elements for awhile. The items in your bundle will change over time as they are exposed to the elements. You can then use these new and possibly improved items on a new peoject.


This is my bundle. There are book pages, watercolor paper, fabrics, and other assorted pieces. My friend, Janet, and I are each hanging a bundle. In four months, we will take down the bundles and swap some materials. We then have two months to create something from those pieces. We will then swap our new projects.

I altered and painted on some of the pages. I stamped this page using some pink acrylic paint.

Here is the bundle all wired up and ready for hanging. I hung a couple of metal objects off the front to see if they would rust. The bundle is hanging in some trees and from the sounds outside my window, it's already getting rained on.
In four months I will post photos of the altered bundle.
Thanks for the visit and happy creatin.
Lela


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a neat idea and something I would love to try. Please let us know how it turns out. I can't wait to see what the bundle looks like after a few months. :) Have a great weekend, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I can't wait to see what you make with these goodies!

    ReplyDelete