Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Birthday Card Finished

Hello Everyone,

Here is the finished birthday card for my friend that I started yesterday. For the background, I tried to create the look of layers of wallpaper being torn. The red polka dot paper is by October Afternoon. The bottom layer I created using a flower stamp from Dream Wishes by Close to My Heart. I used Vintage Photo distress ink to age the "wallpaper." I added some vintage lace and blue ribbon at the bottom.


I stamped the rose, Stipple Rose by Stampin' Up, with archival ink and then water colored it using Winsor-Newton watercolors.
I'm entering this card in a challenge at the City Crafter Challenge Blog. The challenge is English Rose using blue, red and white.
Thanks for the visit and happy stampin. Comments appreciated.
Lela

7 comments:

  1. This is very lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done... Love your rose. Thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty.. I love how you colored with water colors.. It turned out wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!! love the watercolors!!! thanks for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card!I love how you've torn and aged the paper and the rose is beautiful,love how you've watercoloured it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is unbelievable pretty! Your image is filled in so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is lovely, your coloring really made the flower vintage-y.

    ReplyDelete