Monday, August 23, 2010

First Journal Entry

Hello everyone,

I made my first journal entry. I was inspired to do it because of a challenge being held at The Scrap Beach hosted by Kathryn. This journal entry is for Challenge #3. What does FEARLESS mean to you? On the front I have a quote by Martin Luther King Jr. I have stamped SILENCE lightly onto the background.


I put a picture of Martin Luther King Jr. with the word FEARLESS because that is what fearless looks like to me. The journaling, however, is about me remaining silent when I could have spoken out against hatred.

I know it's not very artsy for an art journal, but it is my first. I can only assume with more practice, it will be more art and less junque.
Thanks for the visit and happy journalin,
Lela

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lela, your pages are a perfect start. It is very important to get your feelings on the page. My pages are finished for a day. When I see them on another day I may begin again and finish them all over. Then eventually they are "finished." What is important is the start! So glad you decided to do this!!! I'm thrilled for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lela. You did a wonderful job on your journal. I love the cover. The title is such a powerful message. I also love your first page. Like Autumn said, it's important to just get your feelings out. I started an art journal, but I don't feel confident enough about it to share it just yet. I'm so proud of you for starting one too. :) I hope you enjoy it and I can't wait to see all of your amazing creations. Have a great week, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete