Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello Everyone,

Here are some photos of my tag for the June Tag Swap hosted by Arlene over at http://butterflykisseswithlove.blogspot.com/. Thanks Arlene for hosting. The theme was "Postcards from Paris." The challenge was vintage/collage. I chose to think of collage as layering of inks and stamps as opposed to gluing down stuff with mod podge. When I think vintage Paris, I think of can-can, Impressionist painters and tulle. So I decided to do an homage to Degas. (Love his work.) I created a postcard, from Paris of course, that I slipped into a pocket made of tulle and a strip of black velvet ribbon. I died the tulle with coffee to get a vintage feel.


This is the front view of the tag. I added a handmade rose made of tulle, some black bling, and some beaded trim. There is also a charm attached to the fibers. The fibers are tulle and black velvet ribbon. It reminds me of the hats that women wore during the late 1800s. The postcard uses stamps from Tim Holtz Regal Flourish and French Market, Hot Off the Press Small Paris and a postcard edge from Close to My Heart. I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo and Old Paper distress inks.


This is the front view of the tag itself. I created the tag using cereal boxes to which I added manilla folder paper to each side. I used Aged Mahogany and Brushed Corduroy distress inks. I stamped the background with Stampabilities Faded Background, Tim Holtz French Market, Inkadinkadoo Chadeliers and Hot Off the Press French Postcard stamps. I used Aged Mahogany distress ink and black Staz-On for stamping the images.
The back of the tag was distressed with Aged Mahogany. The window stamp is from Merry Christmas by Stampington & Company and the Handmade by is from Anna Griffin.


The postcard and journal spot are made from a heavy watercolor paper from Arches. I used several layers of ink that I watered down and sprayed using a small mister. I used Broken China distress ink, Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue craft inks from Stampin' Up. I used Vintage Photo distress ink for the edges as well as a light wash across the whole thing. The ballerina stamp is from En Pointe by Stampin' Up. The Artist stamp is from French Market and the Eiffel Tower is from Small Paris.
I had so much fun making this tag. i can't wait to get the tags from everyone else.
Until next time. Happy creating.
Lela



3 comments:

  1. I love your tag, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lela. Thank you so much for your kind comments about my tag. I'm still learning new techniques. I love how your tag turned out. It's lovely! Arlene's video didn't do it justice. The colors, stamps, embellishments and postcard are perfect together. I also love the Degas art quote. So very true! Thanks again, Angie

    ReplyDelete